Saxophone Forum

by MarshJack
(1 post)
10 months ago

Bass saxophone music sheet

Hello everyone,

I would like to join a concert band to play bass saxophone. Unfortunately, the musical arrangements (scores) do not have a music sheet for this instrument. So I would like to know what are the options?

I was thinking of using either the trombone or tuba music sheet and transposing it.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

10 months ago

Re: Bass saxophone music sheet

Look for the contrabass clarinet part.

Reply To Post

2. by Ghostler
    (12 posts)

10 months ago

Re: Bass saxophone music sheet

It would be best to speak to your band director. They would have a better idea and would select parts that they would have you to play.

Baritone in treble clef is a Bb instrument, and thus you could play. Also a possibility is the bass clarinet part.

Others, the Euphonium part could be played, but would require someone to transcribe parts from bass cleff to Bb treble clef. That particular band director may or may not have someone on board to do that, which means you might have to do your own transcribing.

Reason why I say this, is in cases where for example, we were out of alto sax music sheets, then would use alto horn or alto clarinet parts. For Bb tenor sax, baritone treble clef, etc.

But, first off, speak with the band director of the band you want to join, and that you want to play bass sax. If accepted into the band, he'll work out the music he wants you to play.

Reply To Post