Saxophone Forum

by lilaeroe
(2 posts)
18 years ago

Intonation

i bearly learned how to play tenor sax and i am having a horrible trouble w/ intonation and i want to know what i can do to fix it also i cant blow constantly so it sounds kind of wah wich doesnt help but im wondering if that has anything to w/ it but i dont know

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jazzplayer15
    (27 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Intonation

I know exactly what you mean. I started learning Tenor a few months ago. I'm still not as good as I'd like to be but the thing that's helped me the most is practicing scales. They're really boring but work with nice long notes, start with the high ones and work your way down. Try starting the note pianissimo and cresendo until you get to fortissimo. Keep doing that until your happy with your tone. Good Luck K

Reply To Post

1. by YanagisawA-901
      (312 posts)

18 years ago

strengthen your emboucher bro (lol your mouth).. and the way that u put ur mouth arounndd the piece.. dont make it too tight.. but not too loose.. u more than likely wont get it in ur own.. try getting private lessons..

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by GzsKerqt
        (77 posts)

18 years ago

U should train ur diaphragm. Try breathing exercises. Then u will get a consistent sound. Practicing ur scales(long notes) will help u train ur emboucher.

Reply To Post

2. by barisax999
      (400 posts)

18 years ago

well i hate to break this to you, but if you just started, then your intonation will be off. for one, your ear isnt trained. another you havent developed the face muscles yet. ive been playing for years and i finally have the face muscles. dont expect to be good overnight. once you start practicing 4 hours a day, then you can be good

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM