Saxophone Forum

by Sax alert
(15 posts)
18 years ago

Marching Band Updates

I'd like to know how everyones marching season is coming along. What music is being played, drill, etc. I currently play for Musselman High. I was wondering if there were any other Group 2 band members out there.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by mojocoggo
    (97 posts)

18 years ago

Marching Band Updates

My school (Chaparral HS, Temecula, CA) is doing a show based on the music of Danny Elfman. We're playing the Batman Returns Theme, Black Beauty, and Beetlejuice. mp3s can be found here: myshizit.z280.com/applejack/audio/index1.html Our drill for the last song is really hard. We have to take a 4 to 5 on a slide right. it certainly doesn't help that I'm marching bass saxophone but hey, it sounds awesome :-)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by saxjunkie89
      (393 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Marching Band Updates

cool, bass We actually do three shows per season, our "First Show" is more of a Latin type thing. We do Throwdown, Home on the Range, La Suerte de Los Tontos (it means "luck of the stupid", of which our pep band played after the faculty won in a Faculty v. Students basketball game), and Malaguena. Our "Second Show" is more of a jazz, big band thing. We play: Ya Gotta Try, My Man, April in Paris, Sunrise Lady, and When A Man Loves A Woman. Our "Pregame", of which we only play at home pre-game, is compiled of Fight songs and other things. Hail to the Varsity, Notre Dame, Sunrise Lady (again), Our Boys Will Shine, Trombone Rag, March Grandioso, our Alma Mater, and the Star Spangled Banner. Of course, we are given music to read for each show instead of memorizing, of which I did. Oh, and by the way, I go to Pottsville Area High School in Pottsville, PA.

Reply To Post

2. by Sax alert
    (15 posts)

18 years ago

Thanks for replying(all). My school is doing a show based upon Jules Verne. We play Journey to the center of the Earth, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Around the world in 80 days, and From the Earth to the Moon. during ou entire show we march at least 180 bpms. It's crazy. By the end of the show people are passing out. But, it's also scored us a spot at ACC's this year. We placed 16th last year in group 2.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

3. by Dub-C
    (8 posts)

18 years ago

I go to Wesley Chapel High School (Florida) and this year we have 142 members. We are doing the music from the french play "Cirque du Soleil" and this year we are traveling to Arizona and we are going to perform in the Feista Bowl parade.

Reply To Post