Saxophone Forum

by sylvesta
(3 posts)
18 years ago

Baritone Saxphone

What are the tonal differences between,a Yanagisawa B901,an Allora barirone saxophone; and the Keilworth ST90? Do any of them play out of tune in med to upper partials? Iam new to the baritone and Iam considering purchasing one of the above. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thank you for your time and effort.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Baritone Saxphone

None of these are vintage saxophones, and I really couldn't tell you much about either of them. I would suggest posting your question under general discussion, or saxophone equipment, and hopefully you will get more response.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by saxjunkie89
      (393 posts)

18 years ago

if you're just starting bari, you're gonna have to have a big set of lungs, to blow and hold low notes, even low A. A good bari, in my opinion, is a Yamaha Model 61, of which they do not make anymore. Even though the model I play looks really bad from previous irresponsible owners, it plays like a dream. Just imagine a new, or slightly used one. This is just my opinion. Hope this helps.

Reply To Post

1. by saxophonik
        (73 posts)

18 years ago

If you're starting out, I'd even suggest a Yamaha YBS 51, if you can find one. Their considered an "intermediate" horn, but they actually play much nicer than a lot of "pro" horns on the market. These horns stay in tune pretty well, have the low A key, have good response, good tone, and are far less expensive than most horns it's equal.

Reply To Post

2. by Bariboy
      (18 posts)

18 years ago

yes, i agree. i use a yamaha 52. it's awesome. i went to play test some baris and i found that the 52 is better than the "pro" model 62. and u really really need huge lung support. just take it nice and slow and let ur lungs develop. Hope this helps! Bariboy

Reply To Post

1. by sylvesta
        (3 posts)

18 years ago

Thank you very much for your advice.

Reply To Post