Saxophone Forum

by saxman987
(11 posts)
18 years ago

Bari Saxes

Hey everybody. Im 15 years old and in high school I play bari sax in my schools concert band and jazz band. Im also in a group called artists collective. I was looking around for a bari sax that could suit my needs. I want a really big sound and money is not an issue. what do you suggest. thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Bari Saxes

I'm glad money's not an issue for you. It is for most of us. Good luck! Best is to try out as many as you can.

Reply To Post

1. by saxjunkie89
      (393 posts)

18 years ago

go for a yamaha

Reply To Post

2. by Bariboy
    (18 posts)

18 years ago

i agree. go for a yamaha they are the best horns around in my opinion. if money is not an issue, it might be worth contacting Yamaha and getting a custom made silver bari. someone told me that u can do that but i'm not sure. also i think the 52's are better than the 62's. hope this helps!! Bariboy

Reply To Post

1. by saxophonik
      (73 posts)

18 years ago

WHOA!! Money not an issue for a bari?!?! If that's true, you should also try out Keilwerths. They're very good horns, as well. MY option would be to try to find a Conn 12m, if you're not looking for a low A key. If you need the A key, my list would be in the following order: Yamaha 52, Keilwerth (don't remember the model #), then maybe a Selmer SA80 II. But make sure you have a chance to try some horns BEFORE you purchase. Good Luck!

Reply To Post