Saxophone Forum

by moonoo
(3 posts)
18 years ago

Early CONN Shooting Star??

Hello all. I'm the owner of what must be an early Shooting Star, the serial nr. is 1980. I can not locate this serial nr. anywhere on the word wide web, can anyone here help me out? When was this sax manifactured, and how would the quality be rated? I also have a New Wonder, serial nr. 94032. As of when are the New Wonder's called "Chu Berry's"? Any help is greatly appreciated. Moonoo

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Early CONN Shooting Star??

IN regards to the New Wonder Horn: your serial number indicates it to be a 1922 series I horn. The New Wonder Series II horns were the ones referenced to as the "Chu Berry" horns. Those started around serial number 143XXX, in 1924 As far as the shooting star horn, I dont think the serial number can be 1980. Only way i can relate that number to the horn is that shooting star horn production stopped in 1980. As far as quality goes though, that is a solid beginners horn, very nice. Its also sometimes called the directors model. These horns were produced between 1955 and 1980

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by moonoo
      (3 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Early CONN Shooting Star??

Thanks for the info on the New Wonder! About the Shooting Star, I read the following on another topic: Re: Conn ID Help by connsaxman_jim on 8/28/2005 12:11:59 AM Consequently, some of the serial numbers on the earlier Director's models don't exactly fit the normal Conn serial number sequence. Who knows what Conn was thinking there, but I do believe that this is one of the earlier Director's models. Could my Shooting Star be one of these earlier Director's models? It definitely says 1980 as serial number... Any thoughts on this from connsaxman_jim?

Reply To Post