Saxophone Forum

by buescher
(2 posts)
18 years ago

Buescher low pitch

Does anyone know what a Buescher low pitch alto sax would be worth. Has satin silver on the outside with a gold bell. Excellent condition with original case. The number on it is 208544. Thank you.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Buescher low pitch

Thats a true tone from 1926 and worth a lot more money then the current prices they fetch on ebay , i would sit on it for a few years as they are going up in value. Dave

Reply To Post

1. by buescher
      (2 posts)

18 years ago

Thank you for your input. The older Bueshers have a wide range for prices in this particular serial #. I had found anywhere from $800 to $9000. I wasn't sure just what it was that would bring the value up or down.

Reply To Post

1. by Dave Dix
        (421 posts)

18 years ago

On ebay they only go for $300- $500 which is far too low for a top quality professional instrument , thats why its best to sell private or keep it for a while Dave

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

18 years ago

Buescher True Tone altos of that vintage usually bring between $800-$1200 in good-excellent condition. A complete sax without dings or dents, needing repairs is worth $300-$500. Tenors are worth a little more. The more valuable horns are the bass saxophones, which often sell for more than $5000, the baritones, which often go for $2500 or more, and some of the rare sopranos and sopraninos. There was a sopranino up for bids a short time ago that sold for over $6800, which really surprised me! It was in better than excellent condition though, completely restored. I'm keeping my eyes open for a TT tenor.

Reply To Post Yahoo!