Saxophone Forum

by [email protected]
(18 posts)
18 years ago

Incredible Legit Mouthpiece

Hi all, I'm on a quest for the best legit mouthpiece out there. Price does not matter---I will do what it takes to scrape up the cash. Are there any great custom pieces out there? Who are the best craftsmen? I'd really like a piece that I could try out then call the guy up and ask him to change things. That would be ideal. Otherewise, just a plain old beatiful sounding mouthpiece. Thanks!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by selmer 4evr
    (309 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Incredible Legit Mouthpiece

What horn are you using and what sound are you looking for ? Bright -dark- round- old- edgy- articulated- ???? Centered -wide- reedy- metal-???

Reply To Post

2. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

18 years ago

MFM - I've sent you some emails to your profile email address. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you on your quest.

Reply To Post

3. by [email protected]
    (18 posts)

18 years ago

thanks for the responses, right now i'm playing a conn 6m, and I want a smooth, easily articulating, round, beautiful tone. yeah, it's a lot to ask--- is there anything out there? saxmaniac-got your emails, thanks. I'll write soon, but i'm very busy right now. Thanks a lot.

Reply To Post

1. by MavisDavis
      (21 posts)

18 years ago

An interesting choice -- the R.L. Caravan mouthpiece it offers a resistance that helps with quiter notes, and its tone quality is shockingly dark

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by spifster
        (67 posts)

18 years ago

i have a rascher that is very nice... i ended up getting it for like five dollars because of a bad barcode at my music store... but anyways i use it on a yamaha 62 and it ends up with a dark smooth tone, although possibly a little bit thin which sounds like not what u r looking for. but different reeds help with that

Reply To Post