Saxophone Forum

by musicman1221
(10 posts)
18 years ago

Can anyone help me here on these sax's?

I'm ready to sell my sax's my Dad had left me.They will be on Ebay soon.The first one is Conn,serial # m216645 and says Made in Elkhart,Ind.The second one is also a Conn,serial # 344731.One is 1923 and the other is a 1954.They are in great working order and are a little tarnished but they look great.All I want to know is how to find out some kind of value or where online I can find this info out.Can anyone here help me out?Thanks in advance,my email is: [email protected]

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Can anyone help me here on these sax's?

Your best bt for a value is ebay completed items.You haven't said what type of sax but if you dont know the answer is on the horn above the serial number and below the patent number. THE FIRST HORN IS A NEW WONDER SERIES ONE ,letter above will be either A -alto T-tenor S for Bb SOPRANO OR C for C sop or C melody etc. The later horn will have either B for Bb instrument (10m tenor ,4m soprano ) E for Eb instrument (6m alto or 12m baritone) Dave

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

18 years ago

You're a little off on your years, musicman. The first horn is a 1928 New Wonder Series II or Chu Berry model. The second is a 1952 M series horn. What I don't know is rather they are alto, tenor, soprano, or baritone. I need a little more information and pictures if possible, and I can give you a ballpark appraisal. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by musicman1221
        (10 posts)

18 years ago

Can you give me your email address and I can send you some good pictures of them?Thanks in advance.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

18 years ago

You may want to hold on to them for a while and post an add here on Saxquest. There are several people here looking for old Conn saxophones. My email address is [email protected]. I'll get back with you soon. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by Sax Mom
          (964 posts)

18 years ago

I'll echo Jim's advice. Try listing them for consignment here on Saxquest first. People here are often more trusting (and therefore willing to pay more) for a Saxophone on this site than on EBAY. Of course, you could list them on EBAY With a decent reserve price so you don't need to let them go too cheap.

Reply To Post

3. by musicman1221
          (10 posts)

18 years ago

I might just do that,thanks.

Reply To Post