Saxophone Forum

by saxophonegrl_alto_bari
(48 posts)
18 years ago

what Jazz reed?

To be brief- got into School Jazz band-play Bari saxophone-usually us Rico Royal reeds size #2 1/2-should i use anoher type of reed for jazz and what type?Ohh yah what size???????

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxjunkie89
    (393 posts)

18 years ago

Re: what Jazz reed?

i think i might have said this to you before, but anyway, try Rico Jazz Select Unfiled 3Medium. I currently use the 4Medium, but when I started on jazz selects, I used the 3M's. Good Luck!

Reply To Post

2. by Roccosm
    (113 posts)

18 years ago

Hi, I have used rico royal reed 2 1/2 for year's and have alway's loved them. I recently bought some "Fibercell" reed's of of woodwindandbrasswind.com and absoutley love them, they are consistant with out fail, I use them all the time now and give nothing up by doing so? try one,,alto 9.99

Reply To Post

3. by Roccosm
    (113 posts)

18 years ago

Hi, I have used rico royal reed 2 1/2 for year's and have alway's loved them. I recently bought some "Fibercell" reed's of of woodwindandbrasswind.com and absoutley love them, they are consistant with out fail, I use them all the time now and give nothing up by doing so? try one,,alto 9.99

Reply To Post

4. by Tenor_Guru
    (25 posts)

18 years ago

Rico Royal?... I'll retain my comments for that brand and say maybe Superials. They are a little pricier than most, however. Personally, I use a Plastic Bari (brand) reed on all my saxes.

Reply To Post AIM