Saxophone Forum

by Matías_L
(4 posts)
18 years ago

WHERE CAN I FIND A 10M CROOK PLEASE???

Does anyone know how can I do to find a 10M crook for my horn? Because it came with a Bundy II crook and I would like to have an instrument as near as the original as possible. It´s a 1949 instrument, I know about the accidental change of 1948 in the production of theese horns. I´m just looking for anyone which matches with mine. Thank you very much.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: WHERE CAN I FIND A 10M CROOK PLEASE???

How do you know it's a BundyII crook?

Reply To Post

1. by Matías_L
      (4 posts)

18 years ago

Hello. I know it because my first instrument (the one just before the 10M) was a tenor Bundy II and it looks exactly like it, with B engraved and all.

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
        (964 posts)

18 years ago

Thanks for the info. My Conn has no identifying marks on the neck, so I was wondering. I don't know where you can find the correct neck, though. Sorry.

Reply To Post

1. by Matías_L
          (4 posts)

18 years ago

It?s ok. Thank you anyway. Good luck.

Reply To Post

2. by definition
          (963 posts)

18 years ago

Watch ebay, the necks, or horns that are unrepairable with the neck come up often enough. You can also have a replacement made to spec by karsten gloger in the netherlands, he does amazing work. in the states, you can get them from musicmedic.com

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

3. by Matías_L
          (4 posts)

18 years ago

Hello. Thank you very much. I will take a look to those sources. Thanks again.

Reply To Post

4. by paulwl
          (5 posts)

18 years ago

You can also look on eBay for an early model 16M (Shooting Star or Director) tenor. The one you will want to find is marked "USA" and has a neck with a "ring" on the octave lever. This is nearly identical to the neck shipped with the 1930s/40s 10M - only difference is the shape of the octave vent. Here's a picture of the 16M and neck: www.saxpics.com/the_gallery/conn/16m_director/lacquer/94700x/a.jpg

Reply To Post

5. by Matias
          (1 post)

18 years ago

Ok, I´ll take a look there. Thank you very much.

Reply To Post

6. by paulwl
          (5 posts)

18 years ago

If you can't find anything, write me – I have a 1932 model neck from a wrecked Chu Berry that has been patched and looks terrible, but it will probably work with your horn. email: paulwl AT optonline DOT net

Reply To Post