Saxophone Forum

by soosaxyy
(1 post)
18 years ago

college...and all that jazz

hey... are any of you planning on studying sax in college? legit or jazz, where do you want to go, and why???

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax_Shark
    (134 posts)

18 years ago

Re: college...and all that jazz

I writing from Virginia so I'm looking to go to either Virginia Tech or James Madison University. Both have an excellent music program but JMU's is better known to employers. I am planning on studying sax and other instruments in college. I want to be a band director someday and eventually work/teach at a college. Playing in gigs and such will come as it may.

Reply To Post

2. by barisax999
    (400 posts)

18 years ago

im planning on going to University of Colorado at Boulder (If i get eccpeted). i am going to study music education and possibly sax performance. i am choosing this school because of the staff. they are all great. the sax prfessor is absolutely oustanding and well as the rest.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

3. by moonpioneer
    (17 posts)

18 years ago

im planning ion studying music some where in the states PLEASE HELP ME i am canadian and id loooovvveee some imput of where to study jazz or even ligit thxs

Reply To Post

1. by saxybandgeek_88
      (10 posts)

18 years ago

Humboldt State University in California is a good one. That's where i'm going to study Music Education. my main instrument of study will be Alto Sax. The music program there is really good. And the student to teacher ratio is really low so you get good one on one work with your professors.

Reply To Post