Saxophone Forum

by Saxamaphone2007
(11 posts)
18 years ago

Howdy There

Newbie here, just thought I'd pop in to say hey. What type of sax do ya'll play? I play soprano, alto, and tenor... not even gonna try bari, lol. Been playing for seven years, and you know we're the BEST instrument out there! :-D

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Howdy There

welcome to the boards. I normally play SATB, plus bass sax. out of curiosity, why no bari? IMO, it and bass are the best ones!! You need to go listen to 'Moanin' by Charles Mingus, and you'll prolly change yer tune, lol

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Saxamaphone2007
      (11 posts)

18 years ago

Well definition... I have tried it once (one of my best pals plays it for concert band), but I don't really like it so well. Maybe the fact that it's almost as big as me has something to do with it. :-P

Reply To Post AIM

2. by tenorsaxxman
    (1 post)

18 years ago

Soprano, Alto and Tenor player here. Played alto (1930 Paris Selmer) since 1961. Tenor and soprano since 2000. Play in the Austin Symphonic Band, my own praise band (Gettin' On Track) and church band. I'm brand new to the site as of right now! Hope to learn something. Howdy ya'll !!!

Reply To Post

1. by Saxamaphone2007
      (11 posts)

18 years ago

Sweet... yeah, I've been playin' alto for 7 years, soprano for about 5, and just started tenor about 2 months ago. I started it for jazz band, but then the Director just convinced me to play it for concert band now too cause we didn't have a tenor. Oh well, we need some low sound (only one bari, me, a tuba, and two trombones... oye vay).

Reply To Post AIM