Saxophone Forum

by barisax999
(400 posts)
18 years ago

my new old sax

i recently aquried a vintage Pan Amercian tenor sax. before you laugh, hear me out. i have done some research and the serial number tells me it is a Conn 10M stencil. the downside to this horn is that it needs around $500 worth the work to be playable. does anyone know if this is worth investing in? i dont plan on making any good money off of it, i just would like to know if it is a good enough tenor for me to keep and play on. i will obviously get a better one ventually but right now, im about to go to college and i am not quite rich enough to invest in a great horn.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

18 years ago

Re: my new old sax

Pan american was conns secondline horn , like martin had indiana and buescher The elkhart. The pan am was not a 10m stencil it was a seperate line and not a stencil just didn't have rolled tone holes etc of its pro bretheren. $500 is a lot to put in a horn but they do play rather nicely. Dave

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: my new old sax

How much did you pay to get the horn? If you paid $500 and then needed $500 more to make it work, that's not so good. If you got it free, then $500 is a bargain, if it works when done, that is.

Reply To Post