Saxophone Forum

by BigLarrLuvsSax
(1 post)
18 years ago

Vintage Bundy value?

Wife says it's time to clean out the garage. So, my 1968-70 Bundy Alto sax needs to go. It is in bad need of a pad job, otherwise it's in great shape. I just simply don't have a clue of what to ask for it. Any help would be great. Thanks, Larry

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Vintage Bundy value?

Not very much value but to get the going price just look up a few completed sales on ebay Dave

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

18 years ago

Vintage Bundy value? hmm... how much does it weigh? Your best bet is just to put it on ebay with no reserve and take what you can get. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
        (767 posts)

18 years ago

A vintage Bundy Alto of that era in need of a repad is worth about $100 tops, in my opinion, given the scratches, laquer wear, etc that student horns that old have.

Reply To Post

2. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

18 years ago

If you ever want to play again, find a way to keep it. You won't get what it's worth as an instrument, and you'll likely spend much more to replace it in the future. My apologies to your wife!

Reply To Post

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

18 years ago

yeah these guys have got it. Only way you'll get some decent money is if it says "Bundy Special" on the bell, those are Keilwerth Stencils, otherwise it isnt worth much anything

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

3. by kd6tjc
      (17 posts)

18 years ago

Hello I have a bundy II alto sax dated 1962 bought from music store back in 1972 great playen little sax. I would keep it. Other then I believe everyone is right ebay it. Later Steve

Reply To Post Yahoo! ICQ