Saxophone Forum

by MarkLavelle
(300 posts)
18 years ago

help finding this book?

My teacher highly recommends 'Voicing: An Approach to the Saxophone's Third Register' (by Dabney & Sinta), but I haven't found anywhere that's selling it. I did find an email address for Dabney, but I haven't gotten a response yet and it looks like it might be out of date. Anybody know where to find a copy, or want to sell me one?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by etb5005
    (4 posts)

18 years ago

Re: help finding this book?

I've had that same book recommended to me and I haven't had any luck gettin it either. Apparently it's independently published so the guy only gets so many done each year. I have one on back order from Hickeys.com, they're supposed to send me one when they get one in, so maybe try them. If you find it anywhere else let me know.

Reply To Post

1. by MarkLavelle
      (300 posts)

18 years ago

It took a week, but Dr. Dabney got back to me and I'm buying it direct from her...

Reply To Post

1. by etb5005
        (4 posts)

18 years ago

What's that email address?

Reply To Post

1. by MarkLavelle
          (300 posts)

18 years ago

[email protected] She said a couple of places carried it (Dorn and Eble), but they don't say soon their sites and they're on the East Coast (I'm in CA)...

Reply To Post

2. by jamterry
          (573 posts)

18 years ago

Try Baxter Northop in Sherman Oaks. I think they have it or can find it for you Terry

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

2. by dcdmail
        (1 post)

10 years ago

Reply To Post