Saxophone Forum

by wendif
(1 post)
18 years ago

Vintage Otto Link Mouthpieces & a lucite Selmer Mouthpiece

Hello, I am not a sax player, however, I purchased a vintage sax for my son a few years ago at an estate sale. With the sax (1920 Conn transitional - I've been told) came the gig bag and three mouthpieces. I am trying to figure out what I have. I see the "Florida" mouthpieces on ebay and don't know what makes a mouthpiece a Florida mouthpiece. There are no markings that say the word Florida. They are in excellent condition with original ligatures and one has the original cap, the other is a replacement. I also have a glass or lucite (Clear) mouthpiece by Selmer. I am trying to find out the value of what I have in these mouthpieces. One is more silvertone than brass tone, facing no. 3, series E s, around the base it says "Otto Link & Co. New York" also on the bottom it says "Master Link Mouthpiece, NY" The ligature says "Otto Link" on the screw top. I don't believe the cap is the original - it is open at the end. The second one is an "Otto Link Tonemaster 9*" Serial No. C58 Reg. U.S. Pat. Off. There is a "6" stamped at the base of the opening. The ligature, I believe is original, however the screw top does not say Otto Link. The name Otto Link is in script on a raised plate on the top of the mouthpiece. This mouthpiece has the original cap. The third one is the Selmer. It is acrylic of some sort. It has cork around the base and the ligature has two screws. The name "Selmer Elverson HSH" is etched on the top of the mouthpiece. I do not know if the cap is original or not. Any and all help and direction that you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance for any and all responses, Wendi

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Vintage Otto Link Mouthpieces & a lucite Selmer Mouthpiece

The Selmer piece is a clarinet mpc, cant help you there. For the links, go take a look at www.mouthpieceheaven.com Theo Wanne has a page there with pictures showing the differences in the different generations of otto link mpcs. Let us know what you come up with on these. If you need help still, email me some pictures and I'll take a look

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM