Saxophone Forum

by kneejerk52
(397 posts)
18 years ago

new wonder rolled tone holes?

do all the c melody horns conn made have the rolled tone holes?? upon inspection of mine i see mine does. will this make it harder to repad?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

18 years ago

Re: new wonder rolled tone holes?

not harder to repad, just harder to seal leaks

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Dave Dix
      (421 posts)

18 years ago

Not all new wonders had RTH only the later ones but i cant remember when they were introduced ,possibly around 1918 but a bit later on C mels , the pads have a much longer life with RTHoles its not hard to re-pad these horns Dave

Reply To Post

1. by kneejerk52
        (397 posts)

18 years ago

thanks for the info now just one more question, i know there are many different kinds of pads. i am using the "roo" pads for the tru-tone im doing now they seem to be ok for this but would there be a certain kind of pad that might respond best to the rolled holes?

Reply To Post

1. by Dave Dix
          (421 posts)

18 years ago

You could use conn resopads or the flat metal resonator pads seem to work well in the early conns Dave

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

18 years ago

I put Conn resopads on my C Mel. I believe 1922 was the first year that the Conn C Melodies had rolled tone holes. 1922 is also the first year for the straight microtuner neck.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

3. by kneejerk52
          (397 posts)

18 years ago

thanks for the advice ill start when im done with the alto i am working on now, so far it's a great passtime for me working on them. i have a pro tech fixing the post on the neck it and needed cork and solder, didn't feel that brave.

Reply To Post

4. by kneejerk52
          (397 posts)

18 years ago

opps broke a small screw that holds a leaf type spring on the bottom of right hand palm key, can this be fixed???

Reply To Post