Saxophone Forum

by whatever
(9 posts)
18 years ago

continental colonial ..?????

hey, so going threw my grandfathers house i found an oboe(yea i know its not a sax), any way all i can find on it is "continental colonial " on the bell, is that related to conn??? i play his silver chu berry(which i love!) and the oboe and the sax are both really "vinage". sorry to be posting this on a sax website but i know whoever continental colonial is makes saxophones too. its not like any other oboe ive seen. i was just wanting to know if youall knew anything about it and how much its worth, im planning on fixing it up(NOT to sell) or maybe trying to learn to play it. any help would be very appreciatted. thanks.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by MarcM
    (7 posts)

18 years ago

Re: continental colonial ..?????

Sorry I can not help you, but I just discovered I have a Continental Colonial tenor sax (ser 131590) I say I just discovered I had it because I thought for a long time that it was a Conn. I never played it because I inherited a MK VI tenor at the same time. Any info on this horn would be great! I do not wish to sell mine, either!

Reply To Post

1. by Dave Dix
      (421 posts)

18 years ago

Re: continental colonial ..?????

continental colonial was a name used by conn as a stencil here is a link to a later one which looks like the pan american brand (conn) www.michiganwinds.com/Category.asp?Category=32 Dave

Reply To Post