Saxophone Forum

by swimgurl1019
(7 posts)
18 years ago

cases

does anyone know any cases that fit the vintage saxes? i might be buying a buescher true tone alto but i need to get a new case for it. because it has vintage keywork, will modern cases, like the protec or skb ones, fit it?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

18 years ago

Re: cases

I use a hiscox liteflite for tenor sax's including buescher true tone, aristocrat,martins of variable models, conn chu, 10m etc and they all fit so i would have thought the alto cases will do the same Dave

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

18 years ago

Most of the nice cases available shoud work. Look at BAM, SKB, Walt Johnson, Gator, Pro Tec etc. Those will fit your horn and protect it well

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by GregLauer
        (37 posts)

18 years ago

walt johnson cases are the best on the market hands down and are designed to fit selmer mark VI vintage model saxes unfortunatley the wait to get a johnson is like 3-4 months since they are all hand made i just got mine and waited about 3 months they are pricy too you pay for the protection like 330 for an alto case

Reply To Post

2. by charless9833
      (7 posts)

18 years ago

I HAVE A GOOD TENOR CASE THAT I WILL TRADE FOR A GOOD C MELCASE. I GOT A MARTIN C MEL OFF OF E-BAY & IT CAME IN A TENOR CASE. CELL # 402-490-9833. THANKS, CHARLIE

Reply To Post

3. by Mike MN
      (4 posts)

18 years ago

I just bought this one: www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pro-Tec-Contoured-Pro-Pac-Alto-Sax-Case?sku=541078" target="other">www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pro-Tec-Contoured-Pro-Pac-Alto-Sax-Case?sku=541078 It is awesome and holds my vintage Buescher perfectly. My son uses it for school (and his modern Yamaha) and everyone in his band is jealous because he has the coolest case! Musicians Friend has the best price we could find too. I like it better than the old suitcase style and intend to get these for all my old horns. Mike

Reply To Post