Saxophone Forum

by n0p
(8 posts)
18 years ago

Yanagisawa Model 900 (Tenor)

What do you think about this horn? Is it their professional horn (or their student)? Can you please compare it to a Conn Naked Lady (both Tenor)? Thanks in advance.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Yanagisawa Model 900 (Tenor)

Thats one their older pro horns I do believe not made anymore, but still a very nice horn. Comparing it to the Conn though is basically apples and oranges. Both are great pro horns but its to the preference of the player as to which horn. what kind of playing are you mostly into doing?

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by n0p
      (8 posts)

18 years ago

I want a sweet soft jazz sound. Something like Johnny Hodges, but I don't want my horn to stop me in more Bebop kind of style, which require some more energetic sound. I guess I need a horn with a wide range of styles. Joel Frahm have my kind of style. I heard him play Ballads, Charlie Parker compositions, Latin Jazz and even Rock with the same horn, neck, mouthpiece and reed. His setup doesn't stop him from playing a wide variety of sounds and styles.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

18 years ago

the yani should work just time for you. time to get in the woodshed and practice!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM