Saxophone Forum

by saxjunkie89
(393 posts)
18 years ago

Any 16 year olds want to talk?

this is really just a continuation of the 14 year-old forum, i guess, but for 16 year olds

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GzsKerqt
    (77 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Any 16 year olds want to talk?

haha... we have to tslk decent here... the 'adults' will be reading=)

Reply To Post

1. by GzsKerqt
      (77 posts)

18 years ago

sry typo error.. talk* Anyway, If u have to choose between sax or studies, which would it be? Dun ans immediately.. um.. analyse first.. haha

Reply To Post

1. by saxjunkie89
        (393 posts)

18 years ago

I LOVE YOUR SPELLING! Hmm, there's a trick probably, oh well. I'd do both. Last year, my dad told me to do my homework while I was playing sax (not at the same time, of course). I told him I was, as band is considered a class in our school!

Reply To Post

1. by GzsKerqt
          (77 posts)

18 years ago

it is?! man.... u are so lucky.... some of our banders tried to ponteng(skip) classes to go for band because their time table was until 5.30pm. In the end they got scolded by the principal. Ponning classes is very rare here..

Reply To Post

2. by moonpioneer
        (17 posts)

18 years ago

ya our time tables are untill 530 because of band too ..9well for only the bandeez ) and our concert band is at 7 am snooze fest

Reply To Post

1. by Seano
          (132 posts)

18 years ago

lol I turn 17 this monday...what a shame i can't participate in this rivetting discussion :-P

Reply To Post

1. by GzsKerqt
            (77 posts)

18 years ago

Oh. no.... our timetable doesnt include band. its just our plain subjects. Its after sch which means the end of our timetable then we go would for band. If band is a subject to u then do u get graded?

Reply To Post

1. by definition
              (963 posts)

18 years ago

Yes, you get graded. I teach, and people actually do fail, but they practically have to work at it to do so. I was graded ion band in high school myself, and even college groups

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by gemster
              (51 posts)

18 years ago

Getting band as a lesson rocks. My school don't have it as timetabled activity, only extra-curricular, but at my friend's school they have orchestra/ concert band as a session each week. Lucky buggers.

Reply To Post

3. by Saxamaphone2007
              (11 posts)

18 years ago

We have marching band and concert band as classes. During football season we march and the rest of the year is concert band. We started our first jazz band this year (of course I'm in it :-P ) but we have to come early in the mornings on Tues. and Thurs. so we don't get credits or a grade for the jazz band.

Reply To Post AIM

4. by saxjunkie89
              (393 posts)

18 years ago

just curious, where do you go to school?!?! My school does the exact same thing, except stage band is not a grade! We even practice early on Tues. and Thurs. (during the school year of course). M-ching and concert bands are both classes, and we march during the football season and concert the rest (although we had 1 1/2 football seasons this year because the team went to states, ALL THE WAY! except they lost the championship. WOO GO TIDE!)

Reply To Post

5. by GzsKerqt
              (77 posts)

18 years ago

I'm dead. I just messed up my chinese o level cambridge paper. Haiz... never could get my chinese right. Anyway i just realised what 2 month of 'off-sax' will do to the air. Ya. Marching is fun. But best done at night in the school field.

Reply To Post

6. by SaxPlayer324
              (4 posts)

18 years ago

Hey... my school does that too, with the band thing all year around, marching band the first half and concert band the second half. Although, we only have it every other day, unless you sign up for everyday, which is pretty hard to fit into a schudual. But yea, I really like ending my school day off with band, its really unstressful. And yea, marching amazingg

Reply To Post

7. by Tsaxer
              (1 post)

18 years ago

same here. we also have band all year..the marching season ending with the district/allregion tryouts and then the second semester also known as concert/solo and ensemble season and well at my school we have band everyday and its all for a grade and if you miss a practice its a zero unless you are an alternate or something like that. and well we also have jazz and a mariachi group (i live in south texas) and that is included as well if you take those classes.

Reply To Post

8. by mels
              (13 posts)

18 years ago

All of our bands are considered classes. We have concert band (which is marching during the fall), two levels of jazz and a combo that plays behind the school's show choir. It's great to have them as classes, and really easy to get good grades, but three music classes (four, when I was in orchestra too) fills up your time table realllllllly fast.

Reply To Post

9. by brace_face
              (43 posts)

18 years ago

Heya! I've been here since I was 14 and now I'm 16, and still loving sax more than ever. It's the only thing that's actually getting me through high school without dying! We have music classes but band isn't counted. Unless we get withdrawals- which is getting out of class for practicing for band. I kinda abused that privelage last year.... Hey, I've started using Gonzalez reeds, can anyone give me their opinion on them? Cheerios, Steph

Reply To Post

10. by KTownSaxMajor
              (4 posts)

17 years ago

Our school only offers 2 hours of band. 1st hour Concert/Marching Band, and 2nd hour Jazz Combo. They're counted as fine arts credits, and they are actually classes, but we get NO support from Admin. The music department at our school is extremely underfunded. We'd rather play a football coach $125,000 a year than buy one new bari.

Reply To Post

11. by Christian Anderson
              (73 posts)

17 years ago

My school has five bands all of them counting for class credit Wind ensemble symphonic band freshman band jazz 1 jazz 2 and pep band is required but we don't practice...... its pretty sweet, i have three hours of band a day.

Reply To Post

12. by OklahomanSax
              (18 posts)

17 years ago

we just started an E band this year, its really dumb cause there wasn't enough people to fill it up, so our director begged the jazz band 1 kids to learn different instruments (rules prohibit any jazz band players from playing the same instrument in E) so all the "cool kids" (ha!) are in e band on different instruments, its funny. they sound terrible. half of them don't play those instruments outside that room, the other half just have the in-ability to play music at all. its great. no really.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ