Saxophone Forum

by swampsax
(1 post)
18 years ago

Need help on ID

Hi..I have researched a little for info on this sax. The serial number reads "C64061" and it has the star burst design with "Conn USA" written on it. The serial number chart would put it at 1917-1924 but it doesn't look that old. I'm finding answers for the letter "C" or for the number but not together. Don't know anything about saxes except they ROCK! Just need the year produced, how good is it and any other relevant info. Thanks for any help. RJ

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Need help on ID

From Saxpics, I got the following information that may be helpful. www.saxpics.com/conn/docs/numbers.htm "* The following letters preceding the serial number and the horn DOESN'T have split bell keys: C, E, H, K, L, M, N, P, R. These horns were manufactured from 1963 to 1972. The letter is part of the serial number." It appears your horn was made in 1963 or 1964.

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Need help on ID

My Conn 16M (Tenor) was made in 1963, I believe. Is yours an alto? Is there another number stamped a couple inches above the serial number such as 16M? Mine also has the shooting stars engraving, and I agree--they rock.

Reply To Post