Saxophone Forum

by selmerfan
(67 posts)
18 years ago

Anyone else enjoying their Reference?

Just curious if everyone who has a Reference is happy with their horn. I've got mine after having a Mark VI and a Serie III alto, I have no regrets!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jacob.hillard
    (2 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Anyone else enjoying their Reference?

I have had my reference 54 alto for over a year and a half and it seriously is treated better than a firstborn italian. honestly, it was with this sax that i could take my playing to the next level because it is BUTTER.

Reply To Post

2. by saxophone2001
    (31 posts)

18 years ago

I just recently got a Ref 54 Tenor, and I LOVE it to pieces! I play it all the time, and people just love to hear it sing! LOVING IT! :) I might also like it so much because I moved off a Selmer Bundy II to the Ref 54.

Reply To Post

1. by saxplaya81
      (110 posts)

18 years ago

What kinda finish do you all have? I play the matte finish, i get compliments on that thing all the time.

Reply To Post

1. by saxplaya81
        (110 posts)

18 years ago

p.s. congratulations on your upgrade, and welcome to the family. Remember, you make the horn

Reply To Post

1. by CountSpatula
          (602 posts)

18 years ago

I love the sound of my reference. The only complaint I have is getting use to the right hand high E/F key is so much higher than my selmer III...

Reply To Post AIM

2. by Seano
          (132 posts)

18 years ago

I"ve tried a Reference, it sounded nice, but I"m happy with my Guardala. A friend of mine has a Ref Alto and says it doesnt really compare with the Mark VI. But Ive never played a Mark Vi.

Reply To Post

3. by selmerfan
          (67 posts)

18 years ago

I had the VI and the III, no regrets on selling both and getting the Reference. I just wish the Ref had the ergos of the III, but I'm getting there with my plumber's putty... selmerfan

Reply To Post

2. by saxophone2001
        (31 posts)

18 years ago

I know! Whenever I take out my Antiqued Matte finished Tenor, people are blown away BEFORE I even play it! They love that finish, and even more the great sound!

Reply To Post