Saxophone Forum

by dedios
(2 posts)
17 years ago

looking to replace stm link possible ponzol m1

for about 8 years i was playing on a martin the tenor music man model, eventually the maintance on it was need too frequently so I tried a few horns and thought for the price the yamaha custom z was my best choice but links are not the same on this style of a horn for me i was looking to center my tone a little stay dark but be able to push a little edge when i need it any one have expierence with peter pozol m1 on yamaha

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Donnie The B
    (282 posts)

17 years ago

Re: looking to replace stm link possible ponzol m1

The Yamaha seems to have quite a bright tone to me - especially after hearing older horns for years - like your Martin. Key action and intonation should be better for you however. You just need sort of a dark piece to tone down that brassy quality. May I recommend this research: Patrick Springer hand finished hard rubber mouthpieces at www.springermpc.com Fred Rast at www.rastmusic.com Ralph Morgan available at www.junkdude.com - and elsewhere, I'm sure. You can read about what these quality mouthpiece makers have to say on their different models - as well as what users have to say. Good Luck.

Reply To Post

1. by dedios
      (2 posts)

17 years ago

Re: looking to replace stm link possible ponzol m1

thaxs for your response I know that hard rubber tends to be a warmer i tried the a morgan on alto it was allright but i have a selmer alto I like to sit on a thiner mouthpiece for tenor that is why I always tended to stay away from hard rubber tenor pieces I am alittle tiered of this games order a mouthpiece to try them out and have to return them for a bigger one or different slightly different style with restok\cking fee cant try one next to another arrrgggg there seem be little stores that actually have these mouthpieces ready to try out

Reply To Post