Saxophone Forum

by jd_sax
(10 posts)
17 years ago

Jody Jazz?

Are jody jazz moutpieces as great as i hear they are or are they just another mouthpiece? If so, which model is better, the JodyJazz Classic or the HR*?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by blackfrancis
    (396 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Jody Jazz?

Great quality and great customer service. What horn do you play and what sound are you after?

Reply To Post

1. by jd_sax
      (10 posts)

17 years ago

I play on a selmer Ref. 54 alto and im currently using a meyer 5 with la voz medium reeds. I'm looking for a bigger, warmer, and fuller sound with some edge. I did the 6 question thing on jodyjazz.com, but he hasn't responded yet.

Reply To Post

2. by jeff99
    (5 posts)

17 years ago

Jody Jazz makes excellent quality mouthpieces and his customer service is second to none.I just bought the ESP Gold Alto MP on Wednesday and it ws at my door Thursday afternoon.I got it for my 1956 Conn 6M and the tonal qualities are amazing.It creates a warm flowing tone throughout all registers and has the edge when needed,with or without the spoiler.His pieces are as advetised that is for sure.You cant go wrong with a Jody Jazz mouthpiece. Jeff

Reply To Post

1. by jd_sax
      (10 posts)

17 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I just got the reply from the "6 questions" on JodyJazz.com and I was recommended the JodyJazz HR* 6m. So I will probably trail the HR* 6M and 7M to see which i like best.

Reply To Post