Saxophone Forum

by Saxdragon
(22 posts)
17 years ago

wireless stage sound for sax

Hi. I play tenor and soprano sax in a blues band and have been thinking about switching from using a mike stand to a clip-on wireless mic. Can anyone give me some basic info and recommendations? Like so many others, I have limited funds, os advice on how to set this up cheaply is much appreciated.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by CajunSax
    (76 posts)

17 years ago

Re: wireless stage sound for sax

i spent a lot of money on a bunch of cheaper systems that didnt work... the one i use now is great. Applied Microphone Technoligies (AMT) has a great shock-mounted clip on mic. Then they paired it up with a Samson transmitter. Great combo. Go google AMT Roam 1 Elite for info. Lots of sites sell them and there a bunch of reviews. Be ready to spend $600-$800 though. IF you wanna goa cheap route...a fellwo sax player of mine rigged up a lyre stand that fits in the goose hole and tilts down to the bell. From there he's got a Sennheisser goin to a belt-pack. Seems to work fine and doesn't touch the bell at all. I guess with that rig you could swap out with whatever mic you can afford. Pop in a Shure 57 if ya want i guess!?! Good luck saxdragon!!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by The Insomniac Saxman
    (141 posts)

17 years ago

Re: wireless stage sound for sax

The AMT Roam system is excellent, but is also one of the pricier ones out there . . . The Samson Airline is an inexpensive way to go and works fine (same wireless system as the Roam, but with an AudioTechnica capsule). Best part of both of these is not having to deal with a body pack. Hope this helps!

Reply To Post