Saxophone Forum

by saxtribute
(11 posts)
17 years ago

Mouthpiece Options

I'm a advance high school jazz player looking for some new jazz mouthpiece options for tenor. I have heard a lot of good things about the Otto Link STM, including the one sold on saxquest refaced by Doc Tenney. I have also played on a Peter Ponzol which was a fine mouthpiece as well. Are there any other good mouthpieces out there that I should be aware of? Realize I don't t want to spend an arm and a leg.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by barisax999
    (400 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Mouthpiece Options

SR techs are pretty good. the really nice part about them is the consistency. they are laser cut mouthpieces and so you wont have the problem of getting a bad one which is a big problem with modern otto links

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by Donnie The B
    (282 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Mouthpiece Options

You can get a fine hand finished hard rubber piece from Patrick Springer for around $125, if I recall. Go to www.springermpc.com - - - Mr. Springer can also recommend the proper model and facing. Or for a bit more you can buy a quality Ralph Morgan hard rubber mouthpiece. Go to www.junkdude.com There are other options of course, but buying a new Link piece won't necessarily thrill you like getting ahold of a vintage Link - for much more money. Good Luck.

Reply To Post