So I have a Yamaha Custom Alto

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by blackfrancis
    (396 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Alto Mpc+

Rich as alfredo with a bite... maybe Morgan Excalibur territory. Definately responsive. If you want to cut through a rock band, get a good mic and turn up your channel in the PA. You can't compete with electric stuff if you don't plug in. As far as stripping a horn... I've said it before... the best way is to wear it off gig by gig!

Reply To Post

2. by newreedsyndrome
    (343 posts)

17 years ago

Guardalas are great for what you want I think; at least on tenor (I've never played an alto Gaurdala, but I'm sure they're very good pieces, as are the tenor ones). They're really expensive, but you said that price isn't an issue. I've always been afraid of stripping a horn.... I wouldn't reccomend it. I can get a very big, bright sound when need be on my 90% laquer horn.

Reply To Post

3. by CountSpatula
    (602 posts)

17 years ago

DV is ok, plays too bright for me but for $400 I don't know if it's worth it compared to a Morgan or RPC. I've never played a more responsive mouthpiece or one that gave a bigger sound than an RPC...Meyer on steroids.... ;o)

Reply To Post AIM

4. by geff_sax
    (2 posts)

17 years ago

i have a custom ex and i love it but i was playing on a selmer mouthpiece but it is too stuffy i played on a berg larson today and it was like reaching ellis island it made my sound sound free and warm with enough edge to play jazz too

Reply To Post

5. by ellingtonfan
    (4 posts)

17 years ago

Thanks so much!

Reply To Post