Saxophone Forum

by birdwannabee
(9 posts)
10 years ago

Mouthpiece

Help please!!!!!!!!!!! 
What is the Brightest, Jazziest and Most-Through mouthpiece metal or hard rubber mouthpiece? And my budget is under 400 and is a tip opening around 0.81.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Maestro.58
    (9 posts)

9 years ago

Re: Mouthpiece

Contact John Reilly (Facebook) in California.  He modifies mouthpieces for the pros, and he will MAKE you a custom mouthpiece within your budget.

Best Wishes,

Robert 

Robert E. Schuenemann

Reply To Post AIM

2. by birdwannabee
    (9 posts)

10 years ago

And sorry but I'm talking about an Alto Saxaphone

Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art - Charlie Parker

Reply To Post AIM

3. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

10 years ago

Most mouthpiece makers make what you are looking for. The best maker I've found so far has been Jody Jazz mouthpieces.

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by birdwannabee
      (9 posts)

10 years ago

Does it have to be the metals becuase those are 500 but how about this one? It's called the Jody Jazz HR*. Is this any good?

http://www.wwbw.com/Jody-Jazz-HR--Alto-Saxophone-Mouthpiece-471630-i1417763.wwbw

Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art - Charlie Parker

Reply To Post AIM

1. by kelsey
        (930 posts)

10 years ago

The HRs are great mouthpieces. I have a HR 7* on my alto.

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by birdwannabee
          (9 posts)

10 years ago

How many mourpieces do you have and what kind? I have a V16 A6 is this one better than the ones below? But how bout...?

Claude Lakley Hard Rubber Mouthpiece
          Meyer Hard Rubber Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece
          E. Rousseau Metal Jazz Mouthpiece
          Lebayle Metal Jazz Mouthpiece
          dukoff or brillhart
          Bari Hybrid Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece

Which has the brightest tone out of mine and the JJ HR?

Reply To Post AIM

2. by birdwannabee
          (9 posts)

10 years ago

And lasly is the Bird Legend Series good. Because I thought about it and if I had a white moutpiece then I'd be able more recongizable to others and stand out.?

Reply To Post AIM

3. by birdwannabee
          (9 posts)

10 years ago

Reply To Post AIM

4. by kelsey
          (930 posts)

10 years ago

You might try the new Jody Jazz Jet Alto mouthpiece. They advertise it as an extrenely bright mouthpiece. Personally, I don't care for a overly bright mouthpiece. Up until now, on alto, I've played mostly really old New York Meyer pieces. It's all depends on the sound you want?

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

5. by birdwannabee
          (9 posts)

10 years ago

How can I get one of those? Like what website and isnt the JJ Jet plastic? I would think it wouldn't be that good. How about the V16 A6?

Reply To Post AIM

6. by kelsey
          (930 posts)

10 years ago

The sell them at Saxquest for $179.00......Are you sure about being plastic. I thought they were hard rubber like their HRs.?

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

7. by birdwannabee
          (9 posts)

10 years ago

Yeh on wwbw.com the only plastic moutpiece Jet.

http://www.wwbw.com/Alto-Saxophone-Mouthpieces-Saxophone-Mouthpieces,Mouthpiece-Material-Plasitc.wwbw?ipp=12

Is the Bird Legend Series Mouthpieces good and is a V16 better than than the ones I wrote out earlier (the list of mouthpieces). 

Reply To Post AIM

8. by Zootsax
          (3 posts)

10 years ago

If you're looking for the brightest, I'd have to agree on either V16 A5 small chamber, or Jody Jazz Metal. 

Reply To Post

9. by birdwannabee
          (9 posts)

10 years ago

Mine is medium chamber but I playing a 1997 Vito Lebanc Student Sax and I need a new one bad. But latley people have been telling me I sound amazing but I want to sound better. Claude Laker HR, Meyer HR, JJ HR or the E Rosseau metal. Which is the best these are the good mouthpieces in my price range and I cant afford the JJ metal. HELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply To Post AIM

10. by GFC
          (842 posts)

10 years ago

Calm down, big guy.  Either the Lakey HR or JJ HR should be fine for what you want.  Brightness is a function of tip opening, baffle design, and chamber size.  No need to go to metal for a bright sound.

Reply To Post

11. by dilandilan
          (7 posts)

9 years ago

i think JJ HR is very good for your problem

Graduated from [url=http://www.soran.edu.iq/] Soran [/url] University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

Reply To Post