Saxophone Forum

by kygator3
(6 posts)
18 years ago

Getzen Tenor?

I recently ran across a 'bargain' horn passing by a small yard sale. $20 later, I was the (proud?) owner of what appears to ge a non-dented and in working order piece. Not much info, but I need some help on what it is, so here's what I have:only serial numbers found 'A 6400' (also on back side of g# key). Bell script: Elkhorn A DIV of Getzen Elkhorn, WIS. Name is within a starburst, also 'Made in Italy' (which leads me to the distinct conclusion that it wasn't made in Idaho). Any help on what it is and where to find more info will be greatly appreciated. Andy

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kygator3
    (6 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Getzen Tenor?

P.S.-Looking straight on at the horn, the low b and b-flat keys are on the right, mother-of-pearl on thumb rest but not octave key, no high f# key. Again and as always, any help would be greatlt appreciated.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

18 years ago

Its a stencil horn, which is a horn made by one company for another one. Holton is a likely source of origin, being based in Elkhorn, Wis. My guess is that Getzen(brass instrument manufacturer) wanted to branch out some and try selling some woodwinds under their name possibly is one choice Sorry, no real hard evidence to help you

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by kygator3
        (6 posts)

18 years ago

Thanks for the response! After my post and some more homework, I had figured it was, just couldn't come up with the 'who' of it. If anybody else has anything on this horn, it is greatly appreciated!

Reply To Post