I'm a little confused by the l

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Conn Alto Serial#

Your horn dates to around 1925, and is a New Wonder Series II "Chu Berry" Alto. The 1980's era catalog numbers for conn are hyphenated serial numbers i.e. 145XXX-15XXXX etc. Be glad that it is a New Wonder, as the 1970's and later Conn horns are real dogs, save for the Couf/Keilwerth stencil DJH Modified models of 1980 through 1985 ( Rare).

Reply To Post

1. by covrc
      (1 post)

16 years ago

Dear SIMA, I am wondering if you can point me a direction to have my New Wonder II S# 168,636. apparaised or know what to ask for it in selling it. It was given to me by a former pt. of mine back in 1982 when I was learning to play. He had it given to him by the original owner, his best friend, who had a terminal illness. He played in the Queen Mary ship's orchestra until the war and then again on another liner until his passing in 1958. It sat dormant until given to me and has hardly been used. I had it re-padded at Raburn Music in Boston 10 years ago. It has the simple Conn engraving on the bell etc. Anyway, that's my story and hoping that you or someone on the site could help me figure out how to get it into worthy hands. Thanks, covrc

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
        (575 posts)

16 years ago

Steve Stransky at Worldwidesax.com, Dave Hoskins at Junkdude.com, and yes, SAXQUEST.COM can all be of help with your inquiry. I might also suggest that you post your inquiry on the forum board I am associated with, Saxontheweb.net. Cheers.

Reply To Post