Saxophone Forum

by Joe Bananas
(71 posts)
16 years ago

King Conn

Everytime i read a review about a Conn Sax i can read "this model is the better one manufactured by Conn" or things like that.I heared 10M are the better Conns around and i readed the same about Transitionals and 30M. I don't want to know wich one is the better Conn around, i've got a Transitional and for me is not just the better Conn, is the better sax in the whole world. I just want to start a discussion about:(in your oppinion) Wich one is the better Conn?. Best Regards to everyone!.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by STEVE GOODSON
    (291 posts)

16 years ago

Re: King Conn

28M, no question about it.....the ergonomics a nd quick keywork are amazing, as is the even voice

Reply To Post

1. by chalazon
      (547 posts)

16 years ago

I love my 6M

Reply To Post

1. by joeConnMan
        (8 posts)

16 years ago

I have a 1922 New Wonder Series I tenor in Satin Silver and Gold plate, a 1927 New Wonder series II ( Chu Berry) Alto in Satin Silver and a 1949 Conn Silver 12M Bari. All of these have been professionally overhauled by Ken Cameron at Camerons music in Livonia Michigan and the tenor and alto have sterling silver flat custom resonators. These are all me favorites because they were bought cheap, Alto=$124.00 from Salvation Army Tenor=$600.00 from a buddy Bari=$400.00 from Anderson music in 1982. But really makes it- the OVERHAULS Alto=$750 Bari=$ 800 the first time and $450 the second time Tenor=$1000.00 totally brought back to life/ although it was straight,it had a couple of busted keys and 1 totally oversoldered post when I got it.

Reply To Post