Saxophone Forum

by MRN2222
(40 posts)
16 years ago

Selmer Mark VI prices

It seems that the stores have prices that are at least 1/3 to 1/2 higher than ..... I am looking for a Mark VI... but everything is too much.... seems to be ovre 7000 from the dealers... the one will be listed on this store for 4000 . I am so mixed up about prices... Everyone warns about ebay, but then some of the photos in the stores look like re-lacquer... and listed as not. There are no dealers near me, so I will have to buy over the net and by mail. Seems a bit scary to me. Any suggestions?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by madcapspecs
    (12 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Selmer Mark VI prices

I am trying to sell my Mark VI tenor. It's a 1968 with serial number 156100. Just went under $350 worth of repairs. I'm a saxophone player and it was repaired by two saxophone players. I can send you pictures if you like. I'm asking around $5500 for it. Let me know if you're interested! Thanks for your time.

Reply To Post

2. by madcapspecs
    (12 posts)

16 years ago

I am trying to sell my Mark VI tenor. It's a 1968 with serial number 156100. Just went under $350 worth of repairs. I'm a saxophone player and it was repaired by two saxophone players. I can send you pictures if you like. I'm asking around $5500 for it. Let me know if you're interested! Thanks for your time.

Reply To Post

3. by madcapspecs
    (12 posts)

16 years ago

Reply To Post

4. by so_saxy_it_hurts
    (5 posts)

16 years ago

Buying over the net or via mail is not so bad as long as the seller lets you try the horn first. I am pretty frugle and would never purchase something (especially a sax!!) without trying it first. When I was buying my Super 20, the guy shipped me the horn so that I could try it out, but I had to pay for shipping and insurance. Since I later bought the horn off him, he took these costs off the price of the horn. It is definitely worth it, that way you can check stuff out on your own. (Unfortunately, you can't really do this if the horn is listed on ebay....) There are some deals to be found on VI's but it might take a while. Have you tried any other horns? There are some other really nice ones out there that you don't have to pay the branding price of a VI for, but sound really nice. I assume you are looking tenor if you are seeing consistent prices over $7k. I recently passed up a Late model Mark VI for $3200.

Reply To Post