Saxophone Forum

by thudon
(1 post)
15 years ago

Sherwood master for someone returning to the Sax world

Alright, I haven't played for years and my sax I had in highschool (a yamaha something) disappeared in a move 4 years ago. Now I'm looking into getting back into playing and am faced with the question: New, newer used, or vintage used. I'm inclined toward vintage but am on a very tight budget (being a med student doesn't pay a whole lot). The one I'm looking at right now is a sherwood master that is supposedly the same as a Conn 6M. I've been trying to do some research to learn a little more about choosing horns and have ended up somewhat confused. This particular horn has been completely redone - new pads, screw, rods, metal resonators, cleaned and polished. it is supposedly silver with a gold wash. I've seen pictures online and am going to see it in person shortly. What should I look for? should I be concerned about 'polished'? is this really a Conn 6M? is it worth $500 assuming it's in good condition (no mouthpiece, but it does come with a fancy case and a neckstrap)? any advice for someone returning to the Sax scene would be greatly appreciated!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. No replies yet. Be the first!