Saxophone Forum

by fliptheshack
(6 posts)
15 years ago

indiana by martin tenor sax

Hi i have just bought a indiana by martin its about 1952ish. the horn plays really well with a nice lush bottom end and a bright altissimo allbeit a little off key in the high register, i would like to know weather there are anybody out there that could advise on a nice mouthpiece that would suit this model. i have a 4* sparkleaire that i am using but i feel that it seems to muffle the sax slightly. and i feel that it needs to come alive. any suggestions greatly appreciated..by the way i live in the uk and you dont seem to get vintage m/pieces so much here as the usa.. look forward to any repies.. ta

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by chalazon
    (547 posts)

15 years ago

Re: indiana by martin tenor sax

cut to the chase ..get a metal Otto Link 7* and get on with it. Good Luck in your search.

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

15 years ago

as a rule of thumb, anything with the word "sparkle" should not be sax-related... yea, links are great.

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
        (930 posts)

15 years ago

Cuber, sometimes you dazzel me with your sparking knowledge of saxophone............Kelsey
        Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by cuber
          (653 posts)

15 years ago

am i detecting a hint of sarcasm?

Reply To Post

2. by fliptheshack
        (6 posts)

15 years ago

well dude i might think about that otto link but howdya come to the conclusion that i need a 7*, are you physcic,

Reply To Post

1. by chalazon
          (547 posts)

15 years ago

no, my friend, not psychic...it's a nice size, lot's of cats blow on this opening..I've been paying attention..it's a bit toward the open...but not too radical..if you work with this piece you can obtain lots of various tone colors..the piece projects well., and works well in a number of different styles..there ya go...go luck in your search.

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
            (930 posts)

15 years ago

He not psychic, just very hip about saxophones. You ask what would be a good choice for a mouthpiece for you and chalazon gave a good answer. He is a very good and patient guy. If you were a good sax player you wouldn't need to ask anybody anyway. Asking him if he were psychic was rude. Treat your superiors with more respect. Cuber and all, Merry Christmas..........Kelsey
            Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

2. by fliptheshack
            (6 posts)

15 years ago

hi kid, i am truly sorry i bow to all of your superior knowlwedge and will go buy the afformentioned mouthpiece. happy xmas from a sad ole brit.. cheers..

Reply To Post

3. by chalazon
            (547 posts)

15 years ago

Merry Christmas, Kelsey..always a pleasure..Cuber..keep up the good work..you are our hope for the future..give the gift with heart...remember..it's all about love...

Reply To Post

4. by kelsey
            (930 posts)

15 years ago

fliptheshack, sorry I was rude. Too much Christmas Cheer................Kelsey
            Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

5. by fliptheshack
            (6 posts)

15 years ago

kelsey your forgiven i was only jokin, its great to interact wiv other players. sax n jazz are the greatest love of my life , oh and of course the missus. enjoy the xmas . regards Phil.

Reply To Post