Saxophone Forum

by Devanmyson
(4 posts)
15 years ago

Question about "C" melody York Sax

Can anyone who knows about "C" Melody York Sax tell me how many C's were produced in the 1920's, what mines worth and where I can go to find more info on it?? PLEASE?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by chalazon
    (547 posts)

15 years ago

Re: Question about "C" melody York Sax

hello..my real name is adolph..sax and I'd like to reply...in answer to you question as to how many C's were made in the '20's...very many..probably 986,471..that's a guess, of course. Try music.mdickinson.com. Cheers...

Reply To Post

2. by angelRadness
    (2 posts)

15 years ago

I'd love to have it if you ever sell it. I've just always wanted a C melody sax. they're different to play, and never popular even for the 20s, but it'd be fun. They were designed to fit the avant garde jazz generation of the 20s, but were in such a weird key that they were difficult to play. Nobody sought after them much, aside from Rudy Weidoeft and Al Gallodoro. The names don't ring a bell? yeah, they probably wouldn't to most people.

Reply To Post

1. by saxjunkie89
      (393 posts)

15 years ago

If it'll make you feel any better, I know at least who Rudy Wiedoft is! He was an excellent saxophonist, and is sadly overlooked nowadays. I own a Martin C-Melody saxophone, and love it. It actually plays very well, in tune, and is very free-blowing. Unfortunately, these wonderful saxophones (along with their historical players) are becoming obsolete to the "new-and-improved" stuff of today.

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
        (930 posts)

15 years ago

Every one should sell their C melody saxophone and buy a dog....................Kelsey
        Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

2. by chalazon
        (547 posts)

15 years ago

if it'll make you feel any better, I know who Al Galladoro is..and he's really very cool.

Reply To Post