Saxophone Forum

by Jazzworkerbee
(3 posts)
15 years ago

Conn 26m Parts

I am looking for high Eb and F keys for my conn 26m. I have been told that 6m keys may work as well. Other than the missing keys, my horn is complete. Can anyone help me? You can personally email me if you wish. [email protected] Thank you!!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Jazzworkerbee
    (3 posts)

15 years ago

Re: Conn 26m Parts

Very sorry, my email is [email protected]

Reply To Post

2. by swingstreet
    (315 posts)

15 years ago

Unfortunately, finding spare parts for vintage horns is virtually impossible. There are techs who can make the parts you need, but it will cost. It's possible that some 6M keys may work, but again, the problem is that parts for 6M's are just as scarce. Some repair shops keep junked saxes for the spare parts, like the repair shop in my store, but when it comes to classic vintage horns like these, you won't find them in the junk pile.

Reply To Post

1. by Jazzworkerbee
      (3 posts)

15 years ago

I was lucky to find a junked 6m VIII on ebay. It was totally trashed but it had the keys I needed. The palm keys fit perfectly, despite what the sax gourmet cat told me. I relisted it yesterday so someone else can have the screws, upper stack and right hand palm keys. So now the 26m is complete but in completely atrocious condition. It gave a friend of mine fits when he saw it. But it will live and breathe again!

Reply To Post