Saxophone Forum

by jljthree
(1 post)
15 years ago

New to Saxquest

Hello Everyone! I’m new to Saxquest, but have had a love for the saxophone for as long as I can remember. My father was a professional musician, from whom I inherited an appreciation of good music. I also inherited one of his saxophones, and 1928 Conn 12M Baritone, which I recently had “regulated” at Saxquest. Even at my low level of proficiency on the horn, I can tell that it is tight and the key action is good. I played baritone in Big Band, Symphonic and Marching Band settings in high school and college. It’s been over 30 years since I played. I’ve kept in touch with music via recordings. I have a collection of over 1200 LPs and 1000 CDs, primarily Jazz recording. I especially like the big bands (Basie, Ellington, Kenton, Thad Jones/Mel Lewis, Buddy Rich to name a few). The sound of five saxes playing together in a big band is a sound that makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck! I recently retired from over 30 years in Information Technology sales. I hope to regain some of the proficiency I had on the baritone. I’ve contacted an instructor for lessons and hope to soon be able to make music instead of semi random sounds on the horn. I hope to learn about saxophones and music from others on this forum, and hope I can contribute as well!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. No replies yet. Be the first!