Saxophone Forum

by giterdone03
(3 posts)
15 years ago

c.c conn

i have a 1911 c.c conn that i had recieved from my grandfather that i would like to know if it would be worth my money to get fixed. i dont know if the serial number or key that it plays but if it help its silver and small. if anyone could tell me more info on it that would be great

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by basssaxman88
    (68 posts)

15 years ago

Re: c.c conn

first, how long is the instrument? second, the serial number, want to exclude the last 2 digits: i.e. 121xx and you said it's silver plated? www.petethomas.co.uk/saxophone-serial-numbers.html and there's the conn serial number list. Good luck and post :-)

Reply To Post

1. by giterdone03
      (3 posts)

15 years ago

hey basssaxman im looking at my serial number there is an M in front so i know that it is not a 1911 that was just a guess but in the list there was not any number in that M series her is part of the serial number M1801 could you help me any?

Reply To Post

1. by basssaxman88
        (68 posts)

15 years ago

As far as I know the M means 'make #' or 'model #' and is right before the serial number. The M on my Conn from that era has an M in front of the serial number as well (for a reference.) and you're saying that the serial number is 180,1xx so it shoud be in the 1926-27 range, or if it's 18,01x ; the 1910-11 range. I hope this helps you in your search. Other than that page for a reference I would also look at old conn saoxphones on ebay for the "M" too.

Reply To Post

1. by giterdone03
          (3 posts)

15 years ago

BASSAXMAN I FOUND THAT THE INFORMATION WAS GREAT I STARTED LOOKING CLOSER TO THE HORN AND FOUND THAT IT IS AROUND A 1926-27 YEAR I WAS ALSO WONDERING WHAT MODEL IS THIS THE INSIDE OF THE BELL IS GOLD AND THE REST OF THE HORN IS SILVER I THINK THAT IT MIGHT BE A CHU BERRY BUT NOT SURE. THE OTHER QUESTION I HAVE FOR YOU IS HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK IT WOULD PROBABLY RUN ON AVERAGE TO REPAD ALL THE PADS?

Reply To Post

2. by cuber
          (653 posts)

15 years ago

yea, its a chu berry to repad is about 250 bucks or so, at least in chicago.

Reply To Post

3. by basssaxman88
          (68 posts)

15 years ago

Yup, sure sounds like a Chu Berry. When did repadding get that expensive? Wow usually when i get older horns I tend to repad them myself (only costs $50+ at musicmedic.com) and my C Melody sounds great.

Reply To Post

4. by chalazon
          (547 posts)

15 years ago

I charge $265.00 to repad a modern horn in good condition..to repad a vintage horn like this Conn depending on condition, $300.00to $450.00. Ya get what you pay for. Vintage horns are very time consuming.

Reply To Post