Saxophone Forum

by ALincoln
(1 post)
15 years ago

Help me to identify Conn

Hi guys, I want to ask to help to identify my Conn. I'm not sure about some things: it's number is 4231557V, and it has "Made in USA" written beneath the serial. The bell has 'CONN', all letters are capital. I can't see any model name. The mechanical part is white, but sax is yellow (well, I think you understand me, it's hard to display for me in English). I've looked through Conn serial numbers, and it seems that it was made in Mexico, but then why does it has "Made in USA" stamp... Could you put a light on this question? And what will be the price of such sax nowadays?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by rockon11289
    (6 posts)

15 years ago

Re: Help me to identify Conn

The USA models were earlier models and the serial numbers are six digit and under from what I have found. I do not see why it has "Made in USA" engraved though. You check some web sites about Conn saxophones. As far as a price, it just depends on if it is one of the better ones made in America or the ones made in Mexico. I hope I have been help.

Reply To Post

1. by rockon11289
      (6 posts)

15 years ago

Re: Help me to identify Conn

After I posted the answer to your question, I realized I was wrong. Continue searching the internet for a list of serial numbers. You might have a really good horn. Good luck with your search.

Reply To Post