Saxophone Forum

by kim.morarji
(4 posts)
15 years ago

CONN 6M LADYFACE ALTO SAX

Please help to identify the serial no: A 292195.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by cuber
    (653 posts)

15 years ago

Re: CONN 6M LADYFACE ALTO SAX

there are several good sites such as saxpics.com and petethomas.co.uk that should help

Reply To Post

1. by kim.morarji
      (4 posts)

15 years ago

Thanks for your advice. Have visited the sites you recommended but have not been satisfied with the info they prvide. Any other suggestions? Any info on where parts for this sax may be available?

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
        (653 posts)

15 years ago

parts? i dont think anybody is making parts for conns anymore. if you need a neck, Gloger-handkraft supposedly makes great necks, but never trying one i really cant comment on quality. any other parts would have to be custom-made, and there arent many people willing to do that. you could find another conn from thats the same model thats kinda beat-up so its cheap and strip it for parts,

Reply To Post

1. by kim.morarji
          (4 posts)

15 years ago

sorry. should have been more specific about which parts i meant. i am looking for screws, springs, etc. any idea where these may be made available?

Reply To Post

2. by cuber
          (653 posts)

15 years ago

i think they are fairly common, but im not too aware of availability of repair parts. the springs might be a bit of a problem if you want the same type of springs that were on it originally. im not sure if anyone makes the needle-point springs anymore. i do know that at least one person is making the grub screws, though i dont know who.

Reply To Post

3. by chalazon
          (547 posts)

15 years ago

try Ferrees, they do provide parts to non-technician..or try your friendly neighborhood repairman..I'm sure he could use your business, and he probably know what he's doing.

Reply To Post