Saxophone Forum

by zjea15
(2 posts)
15 years ago

Conn Saxophone

Have a Conn saxophone that belonged to my wife's grandmother. Information on the saxophone is: PATD DEC 8, 1914 1119954 A M229461 L Could anyone tell me anything about this saxophone as we would like to insure it since my daughter plays it in her middle school band? Thanks.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by bhenning
    (1 post)

15 years ago

Re: Conn Saxophone

M229461 is your Serial Number. This indicates that your horn is a Mexico Production from 1969. At this point Conn had been merged with Selmer for quite some time and Conn's were solely student model horns. This puts your value at about 500 if it's an alto or tenor or 800 if it's a bari approximately. This depends also on the condition of the horn. Hopefully this helps.

Reply To Post

1. by blackfrancis
      (396 posts)

15 years ago

That date puts production at 1929! This is a "Chu Berry" model, a pro horn. Not a mexi-conn. Value will depend on condition.

Reply To Post

1. by zjea15
        (2 posts)

15 years ago

My wife's grandmother played this saxophone professionally here in Northwest Indiana and took very good care of it until her death. My daughter now plays it regularly and it sounds as good as or even better than her newer saxophone. The finish (nickel) is in very good condition and all the pads are still intact. It also has the original pearl colored rests. Thanks for all the help.

Reply To Post