Saxophone Forum

by joesax
(10 posts)
15 years ago

GOLD PLATED MARTIN TENOR......HOW MUCH $$$ ???

what is the value of a The Martin Tenor with 95% original gold plate ??? (clean and playing)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

15 years ago

Re: GOLD PLATED MARTIN TENOR......HOW MUCH $$$ ???

Are you quite certain that it indeed gold plate, and the original finish? I've owned and examined quite a few of these models, and seen precious few of The Martin Committee horns in gold plate.

Reply To Post

1. by joesax
      (10 posts)

15 years ago

hi saxismyaxe, I´ll try to send you some pictures to your e-mail if you like

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
        (575 posts)

15 years ago

Hi Joe, I received them, many thanks. I sent you an email reply, but for those reading this forum: You do indeed have a gold plated The Martin Tenor. Whether it is the original finish or not is difficult to tell from the photos, but I would bet that it is. As I said, these are not at all common for this model, and what you have is a great playing/sounding horn (my personal favorite model), in very good condition, and with a rare and desirable finish. In a better economic climate, I would say you could get at least $2,500 to $3,000. However there is a decided slump in the sales ad prices paid for nearly ALL vintage horns right now (yes even the vaunted MKVI), so anything goes regarding monetary worth.

Reply To Post

1. by joesax
          (10 posts)

15 years ago

many thanks for your help and info

Reply To Post