Saxophone Forum

by jpticar
(5 posts)
15 years ago

Help me appraise my C.G. Conn Alto

Hey all. Im new here and looking for some help appraising my alto. Not looking to sell, just curious i guess. The bell has a large design on it with the words "C.G. Conn - LTD. Elkhart - Ind. U.S.A." across a banner. Right under the thumb hook it says: PATD Dec 8 1914 / 1119954 / A / M239672 / L / The slashes mean that it goes to a new line of text. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

15 years ago

Re: Help me appraise my C.G. Conn Alto

Hi Jpticar, What you have is a 1930 Conn New Wonder Series II or early transitional model Alto sax. The Patd date is for the Haynes drawn tone hole manufacturing process, and not the date of the actual horn's "birth" so to speak. The "A" is a catalog code for "Alto" and the "L" for "Low Pitch", i.e. 440. These are desirable, pro vintage horns. Value will depend on the condition, finish etc. but you can expect AT LEAST a grand and up.

Reply To Post

1. by jpticar
      (5 posts)

15 years ago

cool. I took some pics and will post them up as soon as i have some time. The sax is in 100% working order and sounds great. Just gotta get all the tarnish off and it should be good as new.

Reply To Post

1. by jpticar
        (5 posts)

15 years ago

Here are some pics:

Reply To Post

1. by jpticar
          (5 posts)

15 years ago

Reply To Post

2. by jpticar
          (5 posts)

15 years ago

dont know why its not working. I need to go out right now, ill try again later.

Reply To Post

3. by saxismyaxe
          (575 posts)

15 years ago

If you email them to me, I'll be happy to take a look at it.

Reply To Post