Saxophone Forum

by saxall60
(29 posts)
15 years ago

New or old ?

Selmer Balanced Action vs Selmer Reference 36. What do you thing about it ? and why. Thank you.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

15 years ago

Re: New or old ?

It depends on your age and experiences. Both are great horns. The Balanced action requires more care. I am old and prefer Selmer Mark Vls or Balanced Actions. If I were younger I might choose a more modern horn..............Kelsey
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by saxall60
      (29 posts)

15 years ago

Thank you Kelsey. I'm not young anymore too (61) and feel the same things as you do in music. I began to learn very late. But it's my pleasure, just trying to get better. I use a Selmer 80 II which is great (I let me told it). Maybe looking on a sax more "rough" as BA or Ref36. I would like to know if the difference is important or negligible. So long.

Reply To Post

1. by blackfrancis
        (396 posts)

15 years ago

If I had to have Selmer, I'd go with the BA or SBA. If you want a real change, try a King Super 20.

Reply To Post

1. by saxall60
          (29 posts)

15 years ago

Surely, they are richer in harmoncis than the Mark VI. The question is : we grow up with this kind of sound and it's now called "professionnal" sound ! We have a lot of things going this way to rehabilitate.

Reply To Post