Saxophone Forum

by jnussmeier
(1 post)
14 years ago

1922 10M Conn Tenor? looking for answers!!

I have had a great old tenor saxophone for almost 20 years and have enjoyed playing it for the majority of that time. I have been looking for more info on the sax but there is limited info out there. Except for dating it I still am not sure exactly which model I have. SO if any one knows I would love to know and what it might be worth. the horn is old and worn and is hard to see the big rose on the front. But is is still visible. It does Read C.G. Conn Ltd. on it and the pat.# is on the back from Dec. 1914. Underneath that it reads as follows T then under that the serial Number 89XXX and then under that L Like I said I am not sure what model or what it is worth. thanks for the help.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

14 years ago

Re: 1922 10M Conn Tenor? looking for answers!!

The 10M model was introduced in 1934. What you have is a New Wonder Series I. These are great horns. Actually, I have a 1922 New Wonder alto for sale right now on eBay. It does need to be overhauled. I also have a 1922 Conn C Melody in exceptional condition that I might be listing soon.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

14 years ago

so THATS the reason you stopped in for a bit... advertising.... just kidding, great to see you back

Reply To Post

1. by blackfrancis
        (396 posts)

14 years ago

Great to hear from you, Jim! You continue to be a bad influence on me as I now have a 10M to go with the tranny. Also very glad to hear from the O.P. that your Conn still leaves you smiling... I know the feeling well.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

14 years ago

Thanks guys. Yeah, I log on here every once in a while, but I have been pretty busy. My daughter Alyssa Nicole was born Sept. 8, 2009. I've been pretty busy playing music as well. I've decided to clean out the closet. I've sold a few horns because I just don't have a lot of space to store them. I did list the C Melody last night. It's a beautiful horn. and it plays very well. It has a unique sound. I thought that it would be great for playing blues in keys like A, E, and B, but I really haven't used it much.

Reply To Post Yahoo!