Saxophone Forum

by vindeisel1
(6 posts)
1 year ago

New beginner

I am very new to this site and to Saxophone's. I have been wanting to play the Sax for years actually decades. Anyway, I am looking to purchase a Sax and this site has helped me in making a decision. I am looking for a teacher as well in the area that I am in and want to learn. Thanks to all in having a site like this. My joke has always been I want to play the sax so I can be Vinny G , Kenny G's brother. hehehe Vinny

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by vindeisel1
    (6 posts)

1 year ago

Re: New beginner

Can anyone help me. I am finally getting around to looking at a used Alto. (student Sax) Looking at the Yamaha YAS-23 or a Selmer Alto to purchase. I have done research on some models, but getting input from people who have played models , would give me a better understanding . Thank you Vinny

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
      (802 posts)

1 year ago

For the money the YAS 23 is a good place to start but the new ones are overpriced. Good conditioned used ones are as little as $400.00 When bought right they are the best beginner sax that I'm aware of for the money.

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by vindeisel1
        (6 posts)

1 year ago

that is great information. I am sold on it. That is of course one that I was looking at. If I can get a good price like that , that would be great. Thank you again

Reply To Post

1. by SaxBunnie
          (3 posts)

1 year ago

Yamaha does make a good horn but definitelty find a used one if you can. Don't shy from an older horn either. I prefer older horns over newer. Also when you go horn shopping, shop for a MP too. Most beginner MP are ok but see about getting a beginner MP like a Yamaha 4c. This is the mosty recommended MP in the school districts I service. Not expensive either about 30-40 depending where you go. 

The only thing I don't like about newer yamaha's is the tone. The action is great though. 

Reply To Post

2. by vindeisel1
          (6 posts)

12 months ago

Just to let the site know, I did decide to do a rent to own on a Sax just so that if I find that I do not like it or its not working there is not such a big cost. This is what I am thinking anyway? I will have my first lesson tomorrow. Excited, like a Kid in a candy store. Vinny

Reply To Post

3. by Saxquest
          (312 posts)

12 months ago

Good Luck Vinny! Have fun with it!!

Cheers,
               Mark Overton
               www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

4. by vindeisel1
          (6 posts)

11 months ago

sorry for the long delay. Thank you. I am looking at this time at purchasing , I do have a new rented Sax, but dont want to rent long. I am trying to have fun with it LOL

Reply To Post

5. by vindeisel1
          (6 posts)

11 months ago

thank you and I will look on the website that I see that you have down. www.saxquest.com. I have rented now for a month taking lessons and loving it and will look to purchase soon Vinny

Reply To Post