Saxophone Forum

by BenC4698
(1 post)
11 years ago

buescher aristocrat

I have ahead a buescher aristocrat tenor sax work quite a few years nowshut have been looking to sell it. I took it to a local music shop and they didn't know enough about it to make an offer. Can anyone tell me roughly what mine would be worth? I was able to check its age, but that was about all I was able to find.  The serial number is 270449. Is there anyone hat can give me an approximate value?  It does need new pads, but other than that is is I. Decent shape.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

11 years ago

Re: buescher aristocrat

http://www.saxgourmet.com/VINTAGE_SAXOPHONE_VALUE_GUIDE.htm

Here's a place to start.  Keep in mind that those are based on selling prices from dealers, so as a private seller you should expect less.  You would also need to deduct the price of any needed repairs from your expected price.  Another way to estimate a seller's price is to check closed listingsfor comparable horns on eBay.

Reply To Post

2. by tatlek
    (3 posts)

11 years ago

Hi
    I'm interested on your sax. could you send me some pics?

thank you
    tatlek 

Reply To Post

3. by tatlek
    (3 posts)

11 years ago

Hi 
    I wrote you few days ago and asked you to send me some pics? could you do that? I would bay your saxophone if you want stil to sell it????

thank you very much for your time

tatlek 

Reply To Post

1. by ttkentucky
      (4 posts)

10 years ago

I am not the original poster but also have a Buescher Aristocrat tenor saxophone in very nice condition.  It was new in the 70's as I bought it and played it in high school.  The pads actually still seem in good condition.  I can send pics if you're still looking for one.

Reply To Post

4. by keithsy
    (4 posts)

10 years ago

See jonbaltimoremusic.com.

Reply To Post