Saxophone Forum

by YanagisawA-901
(312 posts)
19 years ago

oo!! double posting, utt oh..

yea this is a double post, o well, maybe ill get more turnout if i give more of an audience to view it..?? ok, theres like 2 songs i can think of off the top of my head that i absolutely love, like i cant get enough of em.. and im tryna learn how to play em but i cant quite get it.. i know i posted somthin like this in another post but i figured id touch on it more in depth... thers this song have a little faith in me by a band i know.. the whole song is a sax solo but the only problem is its tenor so the key might be different.. ??? how do u go about transcribing the whole thing especially when its 4 minutes of sax on tenor instead of alto?? i know i can still get the same pitches tho... how do u guys go about stuff like that?? i love the song, and i almost have the Head learned but i wanna learn the whole thing.. any tips?? ideas?? thoughts?? how do u get the key?? just process of elimination and guessing?? any help guys?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: oo!! double posting, utt oh..

If you're playing it on an alto, it's 5 steps down from the tenor. If it's in the key of "G" on the tenor, it would be in the key of "D" on the alto.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by sax_braswell
    (22 posts)

19 years ago

Re: oo!! double posting, utt oh..

You could try and find a transcription of the piece on line. Or you could try and play it by ear. Though it takes a lot of listening and by the time you got it you might be sick of the song! One thing to note is that yes you can transcribe for alto, but an alto will never sound like a tenor and vice versa. Hope this helps have fun!

Reply To Post